Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What the...flush

I can't possibly be the only parent in the world who still has to tell her 9 year old to flush the toilet right? I can't possibly be the only parent in the world who thinks that is TOTALLY gross and that at some point my kids SHOULD be old enough to flush the toilet without asking right?

Gosh I hope I'm not the only one!

Why is it that seemingly simple tasks like remembering to flush the toilet totally escape my children? It just blows my mind that the smell alone doesn't prompt them into flushing simply so they don't want to gag every time they enter their own bathroom.

Before you go there that my 9 year old must be a boy and boys are gross...you'd be wrong. It's a girl, and she is just as gross as my little boy, maybe even worse in some ways.

I am totally terrified for true teenage years when my kids really smell, are legitimately dirty and I can no longer FORCE them to shower, and conversations about laundry and hair brushing turn into hats over tangled/greasy hair and inside out underwear wearing.

No wonder deodorant and AXE body spray are so popular. Maybe I should start a line specifically for moms to give to their children called STOP GROSSING ME OUT! I mean seriously?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment